I went to lunch with a few photographers the other day, and they jokingly asked if I could write their blog posts for them. I said no, obv, I can barely keep this puppy alive…but it got me thinking…it would be nice to have someone else write in here once in awhile. Not a ghost writer or anything…more like a guest blogger. I informed my husband Korey that he was first up to write something in the old blog…sadly, his contributions were not quite what I was looking for. He typed up (with his 2 pointer fingers, it kills me to watch him use a keyboard) some sports scores and statistics (the Twins scored 4 runs in the first inning, then lost…and the Timberwolves won in April for the first time in 3 years, blah blah blah)…then he typed something inappropriate that shan’t be repeated for fear that our mothers’ actually read this…needless to say, he failed miserably.
And so, I leave you instead with the top 5 things I learned in Riley’s kindergarten class today (I occasionally volunteer in his classroom).
5. If you are sarcastic with a bunch of 5 & 6 yr old’s…they will throw it right back at ya. “No…you are. No….you are!” A losing battle.
4. Working a copy machine is not like riding a bike…if you haven’t used one in awhile, prepare to waste a lot of paper.
3. Butterflies do not pop out of cocoons, and a spider is not an insect. Who knew? My son is getting his money’s worth!
2. Children will attack when you are at your most vulnerable…during craft time, one little girl found a single sample of a maxi pad in a ‘Parents magazine’ that we were cutting pictures out of…she wouldn’t let up, “But what is it? What does it do? It feels squishy” Lalalalalalalalala, I can’t hear you.
1. I learned that Korey and I should never hail a cab in New York…because with our luck we would get in, the lights would start flashing, and the driver would announce that we were on Cash Cab. Okay, that had nothing to do with Kindergarten…we just watched the show ‘cash cab’ tonight, and we were pretty much 0 for 30 on correct answers. We’ve made a pact to only take buses, subways & limos when we jet set around NY. We won’t let our lack of random trivia fact knowledge slow us down.
Maybe you noticed in the title…it says Mankato…this family took quite a little country drive to see me~I was honored! Another photog mama~she was so calm considering she has 3 little boys under the age of 4~and they all did awesome Thanks again for coming up this way!
Oh this little chunk was so stinkin cute…look at those cheeks!