Last night was the kiddos sunday school Christmas program…let’s just say…things will be done differently next year. To start: Preschool age kids (3 to 5 yr olds) should NOT be front and center on stage the entire time…that’ 45 minutes of pure insanity.
Highlights (read: lowlights) of the Christmas Program:
5. As the children walked up to the stage, I noticed all the preschoolers were wearing silver halo’s on their heads. Except Brady. Even in his young mind, he knows it would be a sacrilege for him to masquerade as an angel.
4. Being distracted by all the parents (myself included) who were silently mouthing threats and/or encouragement to their kids. Trying to do the charades version of “get your hand out of your pants” in church is waaay harder than you’d think.
3. Speaking of hands down your pants…Brady stood up in the middle of the program, grabbed himself and said loudly, “I have to go potty.” Really? Maybe you should say it louder…I don’t think the back row heard you.
2. A random toddler crashed the party…yes, someone let there 2 yr old up on the stage with the rest of the kids…why? Seriously, there is enough distraction without your kid and his sippy cup stomping up and down the stairs.
1. The virgin Mary realized about half way into the program that she forgot ‘baby Jesus’ stage left. She ran and grabbed him by his foot, and carried him dangling to the manger, where she laid him ON his head to rest…it was a doll, no worries.
The winner of the 20×30 Canvas Gallery Wrap: Miss Sara Olson #33 with her comment, “I would love that!”
Today I’m giving away 3 awesome gifts (I seriously want to keep them for myself…like hard) from Urban Lane Frames, Scentsy, and Thirty-one.
ONE lucky person will win the following:
The ‘perfect party’ set from Thirty-One. Melissa sells thirty-one products right here in Monticello.
**picture shown is what you will receive~except it is in a different pattern, the pattern I have is called black plaid~I love it!**
I LOVE scentsy stuff…one of my awesome clients Mandy has been selling it for a few years, and I use this product all the time. It makes your house smell gooooood. The giveaway includes the warmer shown below, and includes 3 packs of yummy scents.
Urban Lane Frames (my awesome frame vendor) is giving away a 10″ black distressed circle (shown in the image below on the left). These look SO cool…I’m going to have to get one for my house…circle is the new square.
HOW DO I ENTER TO WIN?
Just leave a comment below! Comments accepted until 10pm central time tonight. One comment per person, thankyouverymuch. All gifts are being shipped to the studio right now, and will be available for pickup in the New Year!