Time to announce the winner of the high school ‘forever friends’ session…drumroll please………..Congrats to commenter #10 Dani with her comment, “EEEEEP This would be so much fun!! It should be called “For Keepsake” because that way you will have a little friend photo sesh to keep with you as a momento for when you move apart to college.” Allright Dani~you and your peeps start planning~I’m looking forward to it!
And now…on to today’s giveaway!!
HERE IS ALL THE INFO YOU NEED:
I had a tough time coming up with a catchy name for this workshop…my first couple of drafts didn’t make the cut:
*Mom’s who shoot their kids
*Make that camera your b*!&h
*Take a picture, it will last longer
*A is for ‘awesome’ not ‘auto’
Finally, I just thought I’d keep it simple…CameraMom….kind of like SoccerMom, but with camera’s and stuff….mini van optional.
So, it’s decided. You. Need. Help. CameraMom workshop DETAILS:
WHEN: Saturday, February 16th from 10am to 2pm
WHERE: My studio located in between buffalo and monticello, mn
Please Note: This class will not be covering any information on starting a photography business, advanced photography skills or photoshop techniques; but rather is focused on the every day photos you take, and the basic concepts of using your camera off of auto-mode. If you’re looking for education on taking your photography to the next level, this class is not for you.
* A 60+ page full color workbook for you to take home, covering all the lessons taught, so that you can continue to practice and refine your skills at home.
* Lunch! What’s a girls day out without food and chocolate?
* Prizes and a swag bag of goodies
* A child model during the last hour of class to practice the new concepts you’ve learned.
* A private facebook group to stay connected and help each other learn after the class is over.
* a DSLR camera (this is a digital camera that allows you to switch lenses). Here’s a general list of popular DSLR camera’s:
nice~Canon Digital Rebel T3, Canon Digital Rebel T2i, Nikon D3000, Nikon D5100 ($500-$650 with kit lens)
nicer~Canon Digital Rebel T3i, Canon 60D , Nikon D90 ($780-$980 body only)
nicest~Canon Canon 7D, Canon 5D MarkII, Nikon D300, Nikon D7000, Nikon D700 ($1500-$2500 body only)
* Kit Lens that comes with your camera. If you really want to step up your game, consider purchasing a 50mm 1.8 lens via Amazon for CANON or NIKON. This is not required, but I think you will really love how your pictures look when using it! Cost is just over $100 for this type of lens.
* You must bring your manual!
* Bring a pen/notebook in case I say something earth shattering and you want to write it down
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The cost the workshop is $159+tax, due when you register (this is the only way to officially reserve your seat). I am limiting the class to 10 people, so that we have time for a little one-on-one instruction.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
* Learn how to get your camera off ‘auto mode’ by understand the exposure triangle (ISO, Shutter speed, Aperture).
* Learn how to utilize natural light and turn your flash off!
* Tips on getting natural and candid photograph’s of your children.
* Understanding composition and how it effects the feel of your picture.
* You will then put your new knowledge to use with a little photo shoot! If it’s above 25 degrees, we’ll take our camera’s outside for a bit too!
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
**Registration will be open after the New Year. I will be sending out a newsletter to announce when registration is open…then it will be announced on Facebook. Classes fill up quickly, so if you want to know first, sign up for the newsletter! It’s on the right hand side of this blog…go see!
fine print: The workshop fee of $159 (+ tax) is due at time of registration and is non refundable. However, you may sell your seat to someone else if you are unable to attend. All attendees will be required to fill out a non-compete form.
HOW DO I ENTER TO WIN?
Just leave a comment below! Comments accepted until 10pm central time tonight. One comment per person, thankyouverymuch.